Fargo Cleanup Week Rules
- Set out garbage before 7 a.m. on your pickup day on boulevard only. We will throw away any container that is not a garbage can.π
- Limit two appliances per household.
- We collect logs and brush up to 10" in diameter.
- We collect tires and rims.
- No wood, building material, or concrete will be accepted.
- We will accept small propane tanks if valves are removed.
- Fees may apply for excessive amounts of items placed on the boulevard; please call the Solid Waste Department with questions at 701-241-1449.
- Electronics such as televisions and computers should not be set out for pickup. Instead, please recycle them during our Electronics Recycling Event on Saturday, May 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fargo Solid Waste, 2301 8th Ave. N. For more information, call 701-241-1449. Residents can also take one television and one computer, per household, per month, to the household hazardous waste facility (see address and hours below).
- Do not set waste oil, paints, varnishes and other household hazardous waste (HHW) out for pickup. These items can be taken to our HHW building at 606 43 1/2 St. N. Used oil brought to the household hazardous waste facility is limited to five gallons per month, per resident. This building is open year-round; call 281-8915 for more information. Hours for the HHW are:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Second Saturday of each month: 8 a.m. to noon.
- Our landfill is open year-round to accept your large items for a fee. Landfill hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 7:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
- Fargo has 14 drop-off sites for yard waste.
Visit our Solid Waste Website for more details on these and other garbage-related topics.